Each of us has tried at least once to enter chat rooms throughInternet-browser on PC, WAP-browser on mobile phone, used ICQ, MSN or the like programmers.Some people use such services to get acquainted, other are looking for easycommunication, the third - to correspond with business partners. Computer chatsand programs have a plenty of functions, but they attach people to PCs, and theabilities of WAP-chats are rather limited.
In new network product "AVACS Live Chat" for mobile phonessupporting JAVA applications and PC computers (open chat)company "AVACS"(www.avacs.net) has realized popular functions andadded a number of up-to-date abilities, directed to mobile phones. Among themain abilities of "AVACS Live Chat" are:
- Ability to communicate in different rooms depending on user interests;
- Creating of the common rooms available to all users as well as privateones, dedicated for intimate communication;
- Exchangeof personal messages outside the rooms;
- Fillingin the questionnaire and looking through the questionnaires of other users;
- Usingphotos in questionnaires that became possible thanks to the widespread use ofcamera phones. For the users who does not have camera in their mobile phonesthe developers have foreseen the download of photos from the file on the mobilephone, through the WEB-site (http://www.avacs.net/livechat/) in the Internet orby E-mail;
- Advancedsearch by questionnaire data;
- Exchangeof files, photos, music and melodies;
- Thedisplaying of graphic files and photos on the mobile phone is fulfilled withthe prior processing on the server, that allows to choose the appropriate sizeand format of the image for this very mobile phone model;
- SendingE-mails and SMS messages to the addresses/numbers indicated in questionnaires;
- Creationof contact list (address book);
- Usingof animated similes and avatars;
- Changingof message colors and the chat background;
- Abilityto enter chat from different mobile phones under your login and password.
AVACS Live Chat" has also minor, but handy functionssuch as automatic country identification, room filters, message toadministrator, history of personal messages etc.
From the technical point of view the application is realized as a 3-levelclient-to-server system, where the data base, logic's and intermediateprocessing are located on the server. After "AVACS Business Life"this is the second application where the user-friendly window interface isused. The use of such technology enabled the developer to lessen the size ofthe Jar-file being installed on a mobile phone while providing a plenty offunctional and graphic abilities, on the one hand, and made it possible to alteror to add new abilities to the application without changing the client part, onthe other.